Search This Blog

Saturday 16 September 2023

Hello and welcome

 

Hello friend!

If literature is your thing then hi bestie.

Welcome to my very first blog. Ever! Hopefully, this becomes a warm and relaxing space for you. As it is for me. Writing, reading and creating have been a blessing in my life. It is something I have been doing since primary. I only realised what it was in high school. I started joining a lot of culture clubs, debate, public speaking, etc. That was when it hit me that writing and reading are a skill, and talent. Therefore, making it an art. Then I explored novels, poetry, essays, etc. I ended up pursuing this love post high school. In 2023, I am a fresh graduate that majored in Journalism, PR, and Translation. I am 23 years old, and female.


This is a great space for me to share my love for literature with you. Here, I will be sharing my thoughts on books, poetry, and other forms of writing. among other things. I hope to inspire you, and get you to appreciate the beauty of language. Join me on this journey and let's explore the world of literature together.If you have any suggestions or feedback, please feel free to reach out to me. I would love to hear from you!

This site is divided into 3 parts.

  1. Translation. Translation is so interesting and overlooked. As a translator, I plan to show you the beauty and intricacy behind this science. An age long debate. Is translation a science or an art? I view it as a hybrid of the two. I could never find a point where translation is truly one without the other. 

  2. Reviews and Thoughts on literary works. This is the most exciting part. I personally enjoy it. Nothing feels better than finishing a book, and reflecting on it. I often find that the author interests me more than the story. The way he/she comes out in those pages. Written content is the perfect definition of the word 'multifaceted'. 

  3. My original work. This is where I show capabilities as a writer.



I will make my blog user friendly. All three categories will be easy to navigate. If you have not picked it up yet; i was, and still am, the weird kid. The quiet kid. The one kid people find difficult to connect with. The girl who spoke way too much English. So, I normally have a lot of time on my hands. Time that will be used to plug you. Hopefully, i find at least one person whom i will be able to connect with. 

your friend
M_D

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art or The Science of Translation

Written by: Khauhelo Banyane Editor: Kwanele Sicelo Kilani Fundamentally, translation is the act of conducting a process . This is a typical...